Garden City High School
Athletics Reopening Plan Information
GCHS Families and Student-Athletes,
We are pleased to share that starting on Monday, June 15th 2020 FALL Sports teams may begin OUTSIDE summer conditioning workouts. Winter & spring sports may begin workouts starting Monday, June 29th 2020. All sessions or workouts are 100% voluntary and carry no weight towards team selection for next season.
The safety of our athletes and coaches remains the primary concern of Garden City Public Schools. As information and guidelines around COVID-19 evolves, the athletic department and district will make appropriate modifications and communicate updates.
Key Points / Reminders from the MHSAA, NFHS, and GCHS Athletic Departments:
- Only Outdoor activity will be allowed
- Social distancing guidelines will be used for all activity.
- All coaches and students will do a health screening and be required to take a temperature test before participating.
- There will be no locker room access. Come dressed in your workout apparel, bathrooms will not be opened for any reason.
- Workouts will be reduced to 75 minutes or less due to the lack of restroom facilities.
- Each participant must bring their own water bottle. Water will not be provided and should not be shared.
- Masks are encouraged
- Physical contact including handshakes, fist bumps, high-fives, and hugs will not be allowed.
- Any shared equipment, such as a football/ volleyball, will be cleaned after each use
- Vulnerable individuals should not supervise or participate in any workouts for the safety of themselves
Coaches will communicate their workout schedules during this time directly to the student-athletes, if you need more information please contact the Athletic Coordinator, Tobias Tuomi, at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the athletics website www.gardencityathletics.com